Saturday, July 5, 2008

Dukes Hurt, Nats Lose Again

Left fielder Elijah Dukes injured... a strained patella as announced by Carpenter and Sutton on MASN this evening... thus begins the daily report...

One thing that I can not stand for is when athletes do not hustle. I can understand when athletes get injured, but when they don't try and just don't even show that they care is absolutely ridiculous. I see it all the time, and it's not just with the Nationals. When swimmers on my swim team show that they just don't care about the sport, their individual performances, it brings me down. What that tells me is that it doesn't even matter what I do, what I say to these swimmers, that they won't respond. I don't care if you're not the best, but if you are at least trying to get better, or trying to care, that is what I notice. And, it will translate to the meet results. Times will drop, and that's everyone's goal.

On the other hand, concerning the Nats, I noticed that in the bottom of the 9th in tonight's affair in Cincinnati, Willie Harris showed a lot of hustle. He played the ball well and fired a great throw to Jesus Flores. Unfortunately Flores could not handle the ball and the Reds won.

Anyway, the Ice Cream Social is scheduled for tomorrow evening, and I'd love to address the team on these concerns. It will all depend on certain factors, especially how many people show up.

On a different note about the blog, I'm considering a name change. It would come with a launch of a new link. This blog would become more of a personal blog, and the new blog would be completely Nationals. There are a few names that I'm considering, and we'll see if it happens. Name suggestions in the comments box would be greatly appreciated.

No comments: