Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Killer Instinct

Before tonight's game, the Nationals had a meeting. A closed door meeting with the players, the managers, the coaches, and the front office. I'm assuming it was to discuss what was wrong with the team. The giving up attitude when the team is down in games. Letting games get way out of hand way too quickly. The lack of caring. Whatever was said, it appears to have worked. The killer instinct was back. Twice the Angels came back, but the Nats kept punching and punching and finally got it. Flores with the walk-off RBI single to score Dukes. It's about time. The killer instinct was back.

Nick Johnson can't seem to get a good break... he'll be out for the rest of the season with his wrist injury. Just really disappointing how such a great player and a great man just can't seem to get it going. A hot streak at the beginning of the season spoiled because of this unfortunate break. I really hope he is well for next season and can play a complete year in 2009.

Yesterday, Tim Redding spoke to fans at ESPN Zone. I was there, in reporter mode. I was also successful, getting an interview with Tim after he signed autographs and such. Spoke to the Nationals and they said if he has time I could get an interview. He had time! I'm working on that article for completion in the next few days. Of course, one of the articles is due tonight -- a discussion about the last week's performance. I also spoke to a couple bloggers as well as radio announcer Charlie Slowes. I do really feel as though journalism is my calling in life. We'll see what happens!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's mucho exciting! It's always cool to get to talk to a player. I'm working on interviews with some Nats minor leaguers myself, and even that is a tough gig.

Can't wait to read the stuff on Redding!