Thursday, June 19, 2008

I'm Pullin' Outta Here to Win

Yes, that's the last line of Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen. Tim Russert's favorite song. And something that describes the state of the Nationals. Not much hope, but something can at least be done. They're young and foolish, and make lots of mistakes, and there is room for improvement.

Clearly, Washington is not a winning city. Not for the Nationals, at least. Another poor performance makes the Nats keep adding to their loss column -- now 16 games under .500. I'm going to make this nice and short and sweet, because I've already put this idea out before, but I'm going to make it again. Something has to change in the coaching staff. The Nats aren't hitting very well... I wonder where I'm going with this? If anybody understands what I'm getting at, maybe you could relay it to the front office. They don't read my blog... at least yet!

Hey, on Tuesday, things could change for my journalistic future with my first (potential) interview with a Nationals player! At ESPN Zone at high noon, starting pitcher Tim Redding will address the audience that attends, and then sign autographs. I hear there is a possibility that I can get an interview, and I'm hoping it works out. The first thing I must do is work on a bunch of questions and purchase a recording device to get the interview on tape. Then I can go from there.

Next three games are against the Texas Rangers. At home. If we can win at least two of those three, it's two series victories in the last three attempts. Which is pretty good! I'll be in attendance at the game on Saturday night. Another thing, new DCSportsFan article is up. Click the link to the right.

No comments: