Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A New Feature

Bit of new features for you on the blog today... to the right you'll notice an updated blogroll. It shows you the last time the site was updated and the article title in that update. Click around some of the links.

Nationals begin their series in Minnesota tonight. I hope I can sneak a recap up on the site after the game, but if I can't, look for it tomorrow. John Lannan takes the mound for the Nats against Livan Hernandez of the Twins... yes, the former Nat. So we'll see what happens with that game.

The man I've really started to respect as of late is manager Manny Acta. The article in the Sports section today really does it. It shows you what a great man he is and how the dugout fight the other day was something out of the norm. Acta normally has a cool head, and I've heard him speak about that before. If he turns over a table or kicks things around, it's not going to change anything with the game. If he argues and yells at umpires, it's not going to change their minds or anything. Which is why I wonder why so many people criticize the job Acta has done. And I'm not talking about Nationals fans, but fans of other teams. They say that if he is such a great manager, they should be doing better. I saw a prediction before the season saying 59 wins this season. Acta and the Nats are on pace to defeat that. So, yeah, Manny's doing the job, I'd say. You'll see in a few years when these minor leaguers come up and show how good they are. Honestly, I'm telling you... give 'em a few years and these Nationals will be taking the next step, on their way to a playoff berth.

No comments: