Monday, May 12, 2008

Summer

Well I know it's tough to think about summer with cold and rainy weather and my room being very close to flooding, but since I am only A WEEK away from getting out of school, I figure now is as good a time as any to look ahead.

This summer, I'll be holding three jobs. Well, more specifically, two jobs and an internship. We'll start off with the first piece of employment news that I received. In the winter, I applied for a job coaching the swim team I have been on for so many years. I applied as the head coach, but since I did not have enough experience I was not selected to that position. However, a few days later I received some remarkable news through the magic of e-mail. I would be assistant coach for this team, and I was selected because of my new ideas to re-energize the team.

Then, on March 30th of this year, I went to the Washington Nationals home opener. Friend had to write an article but had a lot of work to do, so I did the article, and he helped. I was given the by-line, and a few days later I was accepted as an intern at DCSportsFan.com, specifically writing one article every week about Our Washington Nationals. If you would like to read some of the articles, click here.

Later this year, I realized I would need a second job because Virginia Hills would not be enough to sustain me for next year. Walked around Springfield Mall and looked at American Eagle and Aeropostale. Applied at both places, and was called back for an interview for both. After my interview with Aeropostale I was informed that I would be able to work there. But I held off because I preferred American Eagle. Today I called them and received excellent news - and therefore I will be working at American Eagle this summer. I'm very excited. Orientation next week and then I will start soon after I guess.

And that's what I'm going to be doing this summer.

No comments: