Monday, February 11, 2008

Another Case of Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda

Well it was a mistake not waiting in the mile-long line that was for the Obama speech here on campus today. Even though it was a mile long (and yes, I measured it, and it's all thanks to the folks at USA Track and Field that I was able to do it inside where it was warm -- 0.98 miles, which is close enough to call it a mile), I should have waited and I still could have gotten in. Oh well, we learn from mistakes every day. That's one of them. I was still able to catch the speech on News Channel 8, though, and that was good.

Huckabee is still my top choice, though, and it's really because of his stance on abortion. Obama is right behind him, and then there is a drop off before you get into the territory of McCain, Clinton, and... Ron Paul and Mike Gravel. The thing is, my political views are so odd and across the board that the extreme folks really cater to my whims... which is why many people are questioning my huge support for Huckabee. Btw, I got to meet Huckabee after his speech on Saturday... got a photo, autograph, and handshake, and he also answered my question about Roe v. Wade and how it would most certainly be gone if he were to take office in 2009!

It really does need to snow around here, as it's been a while. People are calling this winter over, but I'm not ready to wave the white flag yet. It seems as though there are some signs of La Nina, which has been roaring away for the past few months, finally giving out. Could this mean more snow? That's a good question, and it's something we really need to watch for. Tomorrow could be interesting with a spot of wintry weather, but I honestly do not see it as a major threat. However, things can always change, and as always I will provide updates if needed.

Goodnight, Maryland, and vote smart tomorrow!

Also, an explanation on my politics...you'll remember I've taken this test before:

You are a

Social Moderate
(43% permissive)

and an...

Economic Liberal
(35% permissive)

You are best described as a:

Centrist (35e/43s)










Link: The Politics Test on Ok Cupid
Also: The OkCupid Dating Persona Test

No comments: