Friday, November 30, 2007

I'm Getting a Bit Discouraged

Okay, so it's past midnight and I'm still not done with that English paper, but after looking at the latest model guidance, I'm getting discouraged. I do not think that it will be as warm as they show, but they've been showing that consistently, so I am getting worried. But what is interesting, and what excites me, is that after this storm, even if we get nothing, we appear to be going into a cold and stormy pattern, which is great. The thing is, if these models keep showing something down the pipeline, eventually something is going to come. The question is where, and with the cold air expected, maybe we'll get some snow around here. I'm sticking with the original forecast... starting out as snow or sleet, then transitioning to a mix, and then finally all rain, with the possibility (not probability but possibility) that it switches back over to snow. It all depends on how things fall together. I'd love to see everything stack up perfectly, but I just don't see that happening. Too many ifs. Next update tomorrow... hopefully morning, but I wouldn't put my bets on it.

No comments: